santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Peter.Nordl...@elekta.com
Subject Build issues on RedHat enterprise 4
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:17:08 GMT

Dear XMLSEC developers,

I am new here so forgive me if I am wrong here, but I have a few
problems....

First of all I can't build xalan 1.9.0 with gcc 3.4.4.
That has been reported as a bug and fixed in r342313 in svn.
So this led me to checking out r342313 from svn.

I usually build with --prefix to be able to have several versions of all
stuff in a neat order.
This goes ok as expected with both xalan and xerces.
I ran runConfigure with -P/work/xalan/1.9.0

Now when I try to point out these directories where I have installed xerces
and xalan
for XMLSEC, by setting XALANCROOT nad XERCESCROOT to the directories
where I have installed xerces and xalan the configure script complains.
Obviously the configure script want me to point out the source distribution
directory,
not the place where I have installed.

My first question:
Is it a correct behaviour to expect the source distro to be present in
XALANCROOT and XERCESCROOT?
Shouldn't it be enough with the installed stuff ( in my case the dir
/work/xalan/1.9.0
where I have the dirs bin, include, lib.)

My second question:
running configure --prefix=/work/xml-security/1.2.1. Then compiling
will only result in installing the dir named include. It seems like lib and
bin are missing here.
Shouldn't at least lib also be installed in /work/xml-security/1.2.1?

Best regards,
Peter

The contents of this e-mail message (including any attachments hereto) are
confidential to and are intended to be conveyed for the use of the
recipient to whom it is addressed only. If you receive this transmission in
error, please notify the sender of this immediately and delete the message
from your system. Any distribution, reproduction or use of this message by
someone other than recipient is not authorized and may be unlawful.