santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Peter.Nordl...@elekta.com
Subject Re: Build issues on RedHat enterprise 4
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:58:04 GMT

Thanks a lot Berin!

Next question, a bit related to my build problems.

I have no clue if this is good suggestion, or if it has some unexpected
side effects or so.

Have you considered stepping the Xalan version to 1.10.0?

As far as I have investigated, 1.10.0 compiles ok on RedHat Enterprise 4.
But I have no idea how well it works on other OSes.

/Peter

             Berin Lautenbach
             <berin@wingsofher
             mes.org>                                                   To
                                       security-dev@xml.apache.org

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: Build issues on RedHat
             security-dev@xml.         enterprise 4
                apache.org

Peter.Nordlund@elekta.com wrote:

> My first question:
> Is it a correct behaviour to expect the source distro to be present in
> XALANCROOT and XERCESCROOT?
> Shouldn't it be enough with the installed stuff ( in my case the dir
> /work/xalan/1.9.0
> where I have the dirs bin, include, lib.)

It is the expected behaviour - but I'd agree it's not correct.  I will
look at it (probably on the weekend).  Really configure should be able
to work out whether it is pointed at a source distro or an install.

> My second question:
> running configure --prefix=/work/xml-security/1.2.1. Then compiling
> will only result in installing the dir named include. It seems like lib
and
> bin are missing here.
> Shouldn't at least lib also be installed in /work/xml-security/1.2.1?

That is not even expected  behaviour.  Let me look at this one a bit
closer.

> Best regards,
> Peter

The contents of this e-mail message (including any attachments hereto) are
confidential to and are intended to be conveyed for the use of the
recipient to whom it is addressed only. If you receive this transmission in
error, please notify the sender of this immediately and delete the message
from your system. Any distribution, reproduction or use of this message by
someone other than recipient is not authorized and may be unlawful.