santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Mullan <Sean.Mul...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JCR10.5
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:10:00 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for trying out JSR 105.

gain knowledge wrote:
> I tried the XML signature with JSR10.5 (JWSDP).It doesn't use any
> keystore.I don't undestand how it generates a private to sign the
> document..

Can you be more specific? It does not generate the signing key. It is up
to the application to specify what key is used to sign the data. You can
do this by specifying a Key parameter in the DOMSignContext object.
Alternatively you can specify a KeySelector. You would need to implement
a subclass of KeySelector that selected the appropriate signing key,
perhaps by getting it from your KeyStore.

> But it pulls the URI content from the origianl place in the
> XML and pushs along with the signature element.It doesn't retain the
> content where it was in the XML file.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It should not move the
referenced content. Can you provide some more details about what type of
signature you are trying to create?

> Has any one explored JSR10.5 to see how it gets the private key?
> If so can you share your experience pls

> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman1/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com>

> to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min or less.

--Sean