santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Dittmann <Werner.Dittm...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Reference URI and Xerces
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:29:46 GMT
Which software do you use to create the signature? Usually the Reference
is set by the caller in the Transforms elements. And the validator is
right - it's not a valid URI, an URI cannot contain a #-sign in the
middle of its name AFAIK.

Regards,
Werner

Frank Cornelis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The XML signatures I put on my documents use URIs that start with a '#' within the Reference
element. This is needed when you want to refer to the local document. But, when I feed the
signed documents to the Xerces (2.8.0) schema validator, I get the following exception:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: schema validation error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1:
'#xmldsig-86edae86-2b97-4794-9d11-276a9b04217d#timestamp' is not a valid value for 'anyURI'.