santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Axl Mattheus" <amatt...@apache.org>
Subject RE: TLP Resolution
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:45:23 GMT
I do not have problems with xml security as an Apache TLP.

+1. I do note Raul's concerns however.

Ax/

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Lautenbach [mailto:berin@wingsofhermes.org]
Sent: 11 March 2006 05:50 AM
To: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: TLP Resolution

Peoples,

Sometime back we talked about becoming a TLP.  With the recent JuiCE
efforts, + JSR 105 + XKMS we are starting to see a few different things
occuring.  I'd be hugely in favour of starting something at a higher level
in Apache to get some visibility.

I'm also toying with the idea of creating a broader security
project/federation to encourage that kind of software within the ASF.

Thoughts?

Draft proposal for the board below.  If we want to do this - all active
committers will need to vote either on this or on a broader (or even
narrower!) charter terms of reference that we all can agree to.

Cheers,
	Berin

       open-source software related to XML security technologies,
       for distribution at no charge to the public.

       Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache XML Security PMC",
       Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the Apache XML Security PMC be and hereby is
       related to creation and maintenance of open-source software
       related to XML security technologies based on software licensed
       to the Foundation; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache XML
       Security" be and hereby is created, the person holding such
       office to serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as
       the chair of the Apache XML Security PMC, and to have primary
       responsibility for management of the projects within the scope
       of responsibility of the Apache XML Security PMC; and be it
       further

       Apache XML Security PMC:

    <!-- List out all committers in format of
	Berin Lautenbach <berin@wingsofhermes.org>
    -->

       NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, than ??
       <??@apache.org> appointed to the office of Vice President,
       Apache XML Security, to serve in accordance with and subject
       to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
       Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
       disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
       further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache XML Security PMC be and hereby
       is tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
       encourage open development and increased participation in the
       Apache XML Security Project; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache XML Security PMC be and hereby
       XML PMC XML Security subproject; and be it further

       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the XML XML
       Security sub-project and encumbered upon the Apache XML PMC are
       hereafter discharged.