santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Ackermann <ulrich.ackerm...@web.de>
Subject RE: Examples for XMLSignature with private key on a Smartcard
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:38:00 GMT
Hi,

the hint I got from Sean did (probably) solve my problem. Probably means, that I still have
a problem with namespaces, but I hopefully will get to handle that, too.
I haven't used JSS so far. I am accessing the smartcard through the PKCS11Wrapper from IAIK
and the PKCS#11 driver of the smartcard. I'm sorry that I cannot give you any help in using
JSS.

Ulrich

security-dev@xml.apache.org schrieb am 30.01.06 09:07:25:

Hi,

Did you by any chance happen to solve this problem? Are you accessing the certificate on the
smartcard using JSS? It so, the problem is in the providers that register when you initialize
the jss, which causes different signaturevalues. I have no idea why they calculate different
values, but they do, even if the data that gets sent in is the same.

miha

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulrich Ackermann [mailto:ulrich.ackermann@web.de]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 2:02 PM
To: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Examples for XMLSignature with private key on a Smartcard

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your response.
It seems that my question wasn't as clear as I thought it would be. I Haven't got any problems
in using a Smartcard. I DO have got problems in getting the right hash, that has to be encrypted
with the private key on the Smartcard (or on any other hardware crypto device).

I have used the example class which is included in the XML Security download. But it gets
me a different SignatureValue, when I calculate the digest of the SignedInfo element outside
the framework and encrypt it on a smartcard (or for testing purposes with a software key as
I did).

So, maybe I should narrow my question down to "How do I get the bytes, that the XML security
framework uses for hashing?" or "Is there a way, to get the hash of the SignedInfo element
from the XML security framework?"

Thank you very much and sorry for the misleading question, Ulrich