santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Ackermann <ulrich.ackerm...@web.de>
Subject Re: Examples for XMLSignature with private key on a Smartcard
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:02:00 GMT
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your response.
It seems that my question wasn't as clear as I thought it would be. I Haven't got any problems
in using a Smartcard. I DO have got problems in getting the right hash, that has to be encrypted
with the private key on the Smartcard (or on any other hardware crypto device).
I have used the example class which is included in the XML Security download. But it gets
me a different SignatureValue, when I calculate the digest of the SignedInfo element outside
the framework and encrypt it on a smartcard (or for testing purposes with a software key as
I did).

So, maybe I should narrow my question down to "How do I get the bytes, that the XML security
framework uses for hashing?" or "Is there a way, to get the hash of the SignedInfo element
from the XML security framework?"

Thank you very much and sorry for the misleading question,
Ulrich