santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Milan Tomic" <mi...@setcce.org>
Subject RE: [java] XMLSignature ctor
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:49:20 GMT

> Yes, the docSig parameter should be the
> SignatureMethod element and not
> the Signature element.

Thank you, Sean. The error message a little confused me.

I did as you suggested and now I got this exception in XMLSignature ctor:

org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignatureException: The requested
algorithm  does not exist. Original Message was: null
Original Exception was java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.SignatureAlgorithm.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xml.security.signature.SignedInfo.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at TestXSEC.main(TestXSEC.java:97)
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.xml.security.algorithms.SignatureAlgorithm.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xml.security.signature.SignedInfo.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at TestXSEC.main(TestXSEC.java:97)
Exception in thread "main"

I'm using this XMLSignature ctor:

XMLSignature(org.w3c.dom.Document doc,
            java.lang.String BaseURI,
            java.lang.String SignatureMethodURI,
            java.lang.String CanonicalizationMethodURI)

I couldn't find any examples using this ctor. I'm trying to sign already
created XML template with <Signature> element in it. Similar to
templateSign.cpp in C++ examples. I'm using XSEC 1.2.1 and JDK 1.4.2.

Am I doing something wrong? Could someone verify that this ctor works OK?

Best regards,
Milan