santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: OpenSSL digest
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:07:33 GMT
Hmm - you're right.  Not good.  Are you cool to add the code in the
destructor?

I'd fix it - but my checked out copy is broken at the moment, so I
wouldn't be able to test.  (I've been doing optimisation work all over
the place - I found this site ( http://xmlbench.sourceforge.net/ ) that
benchmarks various signature implementation.  I never thought the C++
library was quick, but I hadn't realised it was *that* slow.  So I've
been doing all the performance improvements I've meant to do for a long
time.

Most are done - with significant speed increases.  I'll document them in
an e-mail soon.  I have one more that I'm working on, which is to
canonicalise in UTF-16 and then transcode the results to UTF-8.
Currently the code transcodes each separate part (e.g. node name, then
node value) to UTF-8 separately, and then outputs.  That's putting a
huge load on the transcoder as it gets called thousands of times in a
big document for tiny bits of data, when we could do it once or twice
with large blocks.

Cheers,
	Berin