santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Ravell" <...@rave-tech.com.au>
Subject RE: Enveloped suggestions
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:27:56 GMT
Thanks for the pointer Scott. I'll take another look at the reference
implementation.

I'm kind of interested in the Apache security stuff now and my question on
which of the samples to focus on still stands. Can you (or anyone out there
on the list) suggest a tutorial or even just which of the samples best
covers the process of creating an enveloped signature and then validates it?

Thanks
Marty

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Cantor [mailto:cantor.2@osu.edu]
Sent: Friday, 1 July 2005 12:58 AM
To: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Enveloped suggestions

> I had also looked at the reference implementation that ships with the
JWSDP
> 1.5 but had problems in being able to specify a particular element via
URI.
> The sample given seems to specify the whole document with a "" blank
String
> but when I try a relative URI (#elementname) it falls on it's arse.

You can't specify an element in a fragment by name, only by ID. Which has
its own set of endless problems since IDs are technically only legal in the
presence of a DTD, so there are endless hacks to try and establish what
attributes are IDs and they all require knowing ahead of time what's been
signed.

-- Scott