santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Cantor" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject RE: Enveloped suggestions
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:58:07 GMT
> I had also looked at the reference implementation that ships with the
JWSDP
> 1.5 but had problems in being able to specify a particular element via
URI.
> The sample given seems to specify the whole document with a "" blank
String
> but when I try a relative URI (#elementname) it falls on it's arse.

You can't specify an element in a fragment by name, only by ID. Which has
its own set of endless problems since IDs are technically only legal in the
presence of a DTD, so there are endless hacks to try and establish what
attributes are IDs and they all require knowing ahead of time what's been
signed.

-- Scott