santuario-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Cantor" <canto...@osu.edu>
Subject RE: C++ - 1.2 Release Candidate 1
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:58:04 GMT
> The beta of OpenSSL 0.9.8 does support the longer SHA hashes
> (224/256/384/512) - and they are supported by the library, if 0.9.8 is
> used (but you have to use the enumerated type to define what
> you want :>).

Right, but I don't expect people to run with two prerelease libraries when
C++ itself is viewed by most of them as "bleeding edge".

I've implemented a mapping from URIs to constants using an XML syntax, and I
have a default XML string compiled in supporting 1.1 and 1.2 at compile
time, but I let the user plug in their own mapping file. So now my code
should support any future options if the user builds against newer
libraries.

-- Scott