santuario-dev mailing list archives

From <Ritesh.Aswa...@syntegra.com>
Subject RE: XML-Security-C memory leak
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 12:05:43 GMT
Hello All

I wonder if I have been boycotted from the xml security mailing list, coz no
one has addressed my plea for help with XML DSig.

Anyways, I have been able to generate and validate an enveloped signature.

Another problem beckons me now, if someone could please help me out with it.

It so happens that the signature element has to be inserted at a particular
location in the XML DOM, because of which I cannot use the
OwnerDocument.appendChild(xmlSignature.getElement())

But instead have to insert the signature at the location needed.
Now this works fine so long as the generation is concerned, but when it comes
to validation, it just wont work...
If the dbf.setNamespaceAware(true) then the xpath just wont evaluate
If the dbf.setNamespaceAware(false) then the xpath evaluates, but it cribs
with the following error :

********************
org.apache.xml.security.exceptions.XMLSecurityException: Cannot create a
null:null from a http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#:Signature element
	at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.ElementProxy.guaranteeThatElementInCorrectSpace
(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xml.security.utils.ElementProxy.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xml.security.utils.SignatureElementProxy.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.<init>(Unknown
Source)
	at com.syntegra.xml.dsig.sign.XMLDSig.verify(XMLDSig.java:176)
	at com.syntegra.xml.dsig.sign.XMLDSig.main(XMLDSig.java:75)

Can someone please tell me how do I got about validating such a XML Dsig ????

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without
reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.bt.com/consulting