santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Pushyamitra Navare <pushyamitra.nav...@gmail.com>
Subject XML Signature Verification fails , need help.
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:19:12 GMT
Hi all ,

I have a little problem with verification of
xml signatures.

This is what i am trying to do :

I  try to build XML Signature like this :

xmlSignature1 = new XMLSignature(doc,"",XMLSignature.ALGO_ID_SIGNATURE_DSA);

and , check like this , directly -

xmlSignature1.checkSignatureValue(xmlSignature1.getKeyInfo().getX509Certificate());

now , it works ok.
( Value returned = true,
 INFO: Verification successful for URI ""  )

But, when i try to verify the signature in the following way
( in some other module ) it fails.

Now I build signature like this -

xmlSignature2 =
new XMLSignature(  xmlSignature1.getElement() , "" );

and then verify like this -

xmlSignature2.checkSignatureValue(xmlSignature2.getKeyInfo().getX509Certificate());

it fails and returns false.
( I also get following message :
 WARNING: Verification failed for URI "" )

so ,
Where am i going wrong ?
Help me.

thanks in advance.

Pushya.

--
How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi i done" in a GUI?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces.)