santuario-dev mailing list archives

From harish suvarna <hsuvarna_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: building c++ xsec1.1
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 23:20:47 GMT
I did build xalan1.7 but of no use. I keep getting the link errors. I removed the comment for

#define XSEC_NO_XALAN . Then it could buid fine.
-Harish

Jesse Pelton <jsp@PKC.com> wrote:
Sorry, I shouldn't have said you need to build Xalan, just that you need to have it (libraries
and headers) to use XPath. Xerces is a requirement to use XSec at all, but again, you should
be able to use prebuilt binaries.

---------------------------------
From: harish suvarna [mailto:hsuvarna_2000@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 11:23 AM
To: security-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: building c++ xsec1.1

Thank you Jesse for the help.
I downloaded the xalan1.7 from an archive of apache. It already had the built executables
and
libs. I am using them. I did not build xalan. But the source and project files are there.
But the project files are based on VC6. I will build in VC++7 and see. Initially I started
with xalan1.9 and xerces2.6. I got lot of errors. Then I saw the notes that xsec needs xalan1.7
and xerces2.5. Do I need xerces building too? I will know after building xalan1.7.

-Harish

Jesse Pelton <jsp@PKC.com> wrote:
Did you build and link Xalan or define XSEC_NO_XALAN in XSEC32Config.hpp? You'll need to build
Xalan if you require XPath support, otherwise you can tell XSec to build without it.

---------------------------------
I am trying to build the c++ version of xml security suite. I downloaded the xsec 1.1 and
also xerces2.5 and xalan1.7. I am trying to build it using vcc+7.1 (.net 2003). I get link
errors.
Any info on this. Thank you very much.

xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XalanDOMString::~XalanDOMString(void)" (__imp_??1XalanDOMString@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@XZ)
xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XalanDOMString::XalanDOMString(char const *,unsigned int)" (__imp_??0XalanDOMString@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@PBDI@Z)
xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XalanDOMString::XalanDOMString(class xalanc_1_7::XalanDOMString const &,unsigned
int,unsigned int)" (__imp_??0XalanDOMString@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@ABV01@II@Z)
xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XalanDOMString::XalanDOMString(void)" (__imp_??0XalanDOMString@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@XZ)
xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XercesDOMSupport::XercesDOMSupport(void)" (__imp_??0XercesDOMSupport@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@XZ)
xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XercesWrapperNavigator::XercesWrapperNavigator(class xalanc_1_7::XercesDocumentWrapper
*)" (__imp_??0XercesWrapperNavigator@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@PAVXercesDocumentWrapper@1@@Z)
xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XObjectPtr::~XObjectPtr(void)" (__imp_??1XObjectPtr@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@XZ)
xsec_lib error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
xalanc_1_7::XPathConstructionContextDefault::XPathConstructionContextDefault(void)" (__imp_??0XPathConstructionContextDefault@xalanc_1_7@@QAE@XZ)

-harish