santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Base64 question + Preparing for a 1.2 C++ release
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:37:37 GMT
Peoples,

I've been doing some work to clean up for a 1.2 release.  In particular,
I have just :

1.  Started going through and cleaning up the various bugs that haven't
yet been fixed
2.  Stripped out all requirements for RTTI
3.  Stripped out requirement for MFC in debug build
4.  Now builds against OpenSSL 0.9.8 as well as 0.9.7 and 0.9.6, and
supports SHA 224/256/384/512 if they are supported by the version of
OpenSSL.

Before we do a 1.2 however, I'm wondering if we can do something about
the base64 and validation problems.

Scott - you are the person with the most experience in schema validation
and signatures.  Is it worthwhile adding some form of switch to tell the
library to output base64 data in normalised form?  (I.e. no line feeds
etc.)  That way normalisation won't touch the data and schema validation
should work a bit better?  Or am I missing something fundamental somewhere?

Open to thoughts on that one - it means using the internal base64 class
rather than that provided by OpenSSL.

Cheers,
	Berin