santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: C++ lib support for SHA-256, etc.?
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:08:22 GMT
Scott,

Just been reading about it.  (Was away for a few days.)

The reason it's not there now is neither Windows CAPI nor OpenSSL
supported -256 or -512 when the hashing functions were first implemented.

I notice the development branch of OpenSSL now includes SHA-256/512 so I
might look at compiling up 0.9.8-dev and see how it goes.

Otherwise we'll have to actually implement the algorithm.  Mind you -
that's not that difficult to do, it's just not likely to be as quick as
the OpenSSL implementation.

Cheers,
	Berin