santuario-dev mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Habryn <dic...@rcpt.to>
Subject RE: reformatting of KeyValue elements in c14n?
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:05:41 GMT
On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 11:12, Scott Cantor wrote:
> Note that this assumes you're validating, not just parsing. Parsing alone
> should *not* have the affect you're seeing, and that flag will mean nothing
> unless schema validation is on. Just checking.

I am indeed validating. I've found a workaround, in the end, which
consists of serializing and re-parsing every document before I sign it
in the Java code, which at least ensures that I'm not signing any
denormalized data, and then doing the same thing before actually
emitting the document that gets passed to xmlsec to normalize the
unsigned bits of the document too (libxml appears to not normalize
strings even when it validates).

So whose bright idea was it to set <xs:whitespace value="collapse"
fixed="true"/> on the base64Binary type, anyway? *grump*

m.