samza-dev mailing list archives

From Thunder Stumpges <thunder.stump...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem: upgrade 1.2 to 1.3 caused loss of clean shutdown on SIGTERM
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2020 02:54:48 GMT
We are attempting to upgrade from samza 1.2 to 1.3 in hopes of fixing
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-2198 where there was a deadlock
in the shutdown code which prevented completing a clean shutdown.

After the upgrade, it appears like NONE of the shutdown hooks / code are
being called and it just immediately shuts down.

We are running stand alone Low Level Tasks with LocalApplicationRunner /
ZkJobCoordinator in Docker / K8s.

When killing from docker for testing, we use docker kill -s SIGTERM
<container> to send SIGTERM instead of SIGKILL. This was working in samza
1.2 (other than the deadlock from the above issue).

Any ideas what changed?

Thanks,
Thunder