samza-dev mailing list archives

From Thunder Stumpges <tstump...@ntent.com>
Subject Problem : upgrade 1.2 to 1.3 LocalApplicationRunner + default system in SamzaApplication.describe results in null MetadataStoreFactory
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2020 23:18:16 GMT
Hey dev team. Just upgrading our stand alone low-level tasks to Samza 1.3. We use the LocalApplicationRunner
and initialize most of our application within SamzaApplication.describe() including setting
up "withDefaultSystem(systemDescriptor)"

However it seems that earlier on in the process, the LocalApplicationRunner constructor is
calling "getDefaultCoordinatorStreamStoreFactory" to pick the MetadataStoreFactory, and the
"coordinatorSystemName" is not set yet (nor is it ever set explicitly now that we use the
"default system").

The condition that is failing is in LocalApplicationRunner line 138:

// TODO: Remove restriction to only ZkJobCoordinator after next phase of metadata store abstraction.
if (StringUtils.isNotBlank(coordinatorSystemName) && ZkJobCoordinatorFactory.class.getName().equals(jobCoordinatorFactoryClassName))
{
  return new CoordinatorStreamMetadataStoreFactory();
}

coordinatorSystemName is null above. (jobCoordinatorFactoryClassName IS set to ZkJobCoordinatorFactory)

Please advise!
Thanks,
Thunder