samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jagadish Venkatraman <jagadish1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question Concerning Custom Metrics and Timers
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2017 00:49:05 GMT
Hey Jeremiah,

The "timer" metric in Samza maintains a sliding window of its data points.
Each time you invoke timer.update(val), a data-point gets added to the
sliding window. The reported value of a timer metric is the average of all
data points in the window.

In contrast, the "gauge" metric always reports its last value.

Do let us know if you had further questions.

Best,
Jagdish

--
Sent from my iphone.