samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremiah Adams <JAd...@helixeducation.com>
Subject Question Concerning Custom Metrics and Timers
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 20:26:38 GMT
I am making early attempts at gathering metrics around methods and sql calls. I am using the
Snapshot  Reporter to send metrics to a kafka topic. The docs state that metrics are sent
to kafka every 60 seconds (https://samza.apache.org/learn/documentation/latest/container/metrics.html).

When I am instrumenting a method via Timer.update() which is called n-number of times in 60
seconds am I seeing an aggregation of the time spent in said method during a 60 second period
or am I seeing the last value sent through Timer.update()?

Jeremiah Adams
Software Engineer
www.helixeducation.com<http://www.helixeducation.com/>
Blog<http://www.helixeducation.com/blog/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/HelixEducation>