samza-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Thorner <benthor...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject Mini Samza
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 22:49:16 GMT
Hi guys.
   Apologies if this isn't the right place to send this!
   I've recently been learning to use Samza, but found it quite hard (new to Kafka, ZooKeeper,
Gradle, YARN, etc.). I just knew Samza would be a good solution for my problem, after reading
what it can do.
   The hello-samza project is great to get something working quickly, but for me it was then
a long, hard slog trying to adapt it; in the end, I decided to start from scratch and make
my own little 'mini_samza' project.
   This was great for my own understand, and the result was also pretty compact. I thought
other people in my situation would benefit from what I found, so that's why I've sent this
email - hoping you can advise.
Yours, Ben