samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jordi Blasi Uribarri <jbl...@nextel.es>
Subject log4j configuration
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 07:44:18 GMT
Hi,

I guess this is just a howto question, but I am not able to find how it works. I am trying
to trace the code of the job I want to execute in Samza. I have defined the environment variable
as stated in the documentation:
export SAMZA_LOG_DIR=/opt/logs

I believe that this is working as I have seen that the garbage collector correctly generates
the gc.o file and writes to it. The directories exists in all samza servers (two in my lab).

I have added the following code to the job:

Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(GetConfig.class);
logger.info("Trace text message");

Although the code is being executed (I can see the messages going through) I see no trace
written. I don’t have experience with log4j and maybe it is there where I have to look but,
I am missing something?

Thanks,

                Jordi
Jordi Blasi Uribarri