samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chas Pezanko <chas.peza...@evariant.com>
Subject Samza ZooKeeper Connection Inquiry
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 21:35:31 GMT
Hello,

So I am currently working on learning Samza for work and there is a question that I am looking
for some direction through. In a Kafka Consumer/Producer in order to connect to ZooKeeper
you can simply do so through a localhost port configuration and that creates a static connection
for a topic. Through the Hello Samza example the connection to a stream is done through and
IRC Channel. I understand the function and requirement of a StreamTask in Samza in order to
connect to a System Stream, however I am a little confused on the proper configuration of
connecting to a local Zookeeper in order to consume and produce data across a stream.

My understanding is that the actually connection to the SystemStream is specifically taking
place in the StreamTask so I am assuming that the configuration would take place in the main
class however I don't quite understand how the connection works through the main function.
For example, the Wikipedia example holds the main function in the WikipediaFeed class, separate
from the StreamTask.

Any direction or assistance would be greatly appreciative as this is my first time working
with this type of technology. Thank you.

-Chas