samza-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject [Google Summer of Code] Wider spectrum of data consumers/producers for Apache Samza
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 17:25:12 GMT
Hi dev@,
My name is Lewis, I'm over on Nutch, Any23, Gora, OODT, Tika, OCW PMC's and
in the Incubator quite a bit.
I'm writing to see if anyone is interested in mentoring the above project
which was registered by a potential student Renato Marroquin.
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/org/google/gsoc2015/renato2099/5751725713522688
Right now Apache admins for GSoC are trying to tag every proposal with the
corresponding project and following up on proposals which have no mentor
assigned yet.
Is anyone interested in mentoring this project?
If it means anything, Renato is a Committer and PMC member over on Gora and
has participated successfully in two GSoC programs in previous years,
namely building a webservices API for Gora datastores and then extending
the Giraph datastore support using Gora. he has displayed competency to
work well both under supervision and as an individual so I would imagine
that a mentoring position on this project would be pretty lightweight
work...
Thanks, and good luck to anyone who steps forward.
Lewis

P.S. Please reply to me directly at lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com if you want