samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject [VOTE] Apache Samza 0.8.0-incubating RC1
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:59:07 GMT
Hey all,

(NOTE: After discussion, I have dropped SAMZA-226 from RC1. See the JIRA for details.)

This is a call for a vote on a release of Apache Samza 0.8.0 (incubating). This is our second
release in the Apache Incubator. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

The release candidate can be downloaded from here:

http://people.apache.org/~criccomini/samza-0.8.0-rc1/

The release candidate is signed with pgp key 980AF123CF9730D3, which is included in the repository's
KEYS file:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-samza.git;a=blob_plain;f=KEYS;h=7c59d68a82a6b6172334725962583b2fa8071242;hb=HEAD

and can also be found on keyservers:

http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x980AF123CF9730D3

The git tag is release-0.8.0-rc0 and signed with the same pgp key:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-samza.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.8.0-rc1

Test binaries have been published to Maven's staging repository, and are available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesamza-1004/

Note that the binaries were built with JDK6 without incident.

135 issues were resolved for this release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20SAMZA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.8.0%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)

The vote will be open for 72 hours. Please download the release candidate, check the hashes/signature,
build it and test it, and then please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side for the release.