samza-dev mailing list archives

From Renato MarroquĂ­n Mogrovejo <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create partitions from input
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 12:56:28 GMT
Hello Samza team,

I am trying to modify the hello-samza example application to replay events
which are in a table. But I am having some troubles.
So on the hello-samza example for each new incoming message which belongs
to a channel, a new partition is created, right?
Now in my case, how (where) do I create these partitions? I create them in
[1] but I am almost sure that is wrong because I keep getting the exception
saying that there are no partitions for this task. I mean ideally I would
like to create partitions based on the keys I am reading from the table.
Could anybody help me on this task please? Many thanks in advance!

Renato M.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.samza.SamzaException: No partitions
for this task. Can't run a task without partition assignments. It's likely
that the partition manager for this system doesn't know about the stream
you're trying to read.
at org.apache.samza.container.SamzaContainer$.main(SamzaContainer.scala:77)
at org.apache.samza.container.SamzaContainer.main(SamzaContainer.scala)

[1]
https://github.com/renato2099/hello-samza/blob/master/samza-wikipedia/src/main/java/samza/examples/order/system/OrderConsumer.java#L47