samza-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@linkedin.com.INVALID>
Subject [DISCUSS] Cutting an 0.8 branch
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:01:28 GMT
Hey Guys,

With the RocksDB commit from Naveen, I think we're closing in on an 0.8 release.

The last remaining JIRA that I'd like to resolve is SAMZA-354. SAMZA-310 would be nice to
get in as well, but I don't think it's a blocker.

Does anyone have any other JIRAs that they think should be resolved before we release 0.8?
If not, I'll cut an 0.8 branch, and we can back port SAMZA-354 (and SAMZA-310 if it is done)
when they're committed. The motivation for cutting the branch now is that I'm starting work
on the ConfigStream stuff, and I don't want to destabilize 0.8 with the rather large changes
that will come.

Cheers,
Chris