samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yan Fang <yanfang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about dependency versions
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 16:53:59 GMT
Hi Renato,

Sorry for the confusion. This is because in our master branch, we are using
yarn 2.4.0. Also in the coming 0.8.0 release, we will use yarn 2.4.0. In
our previous 0.7.0 release, we were using the yarn 2.2.0. The hello-samza
is based on release 0.7.0, that's why it is yarn 2.2.0. In terms of the
run-in-multi-node-yarn.html, when Chris wrote that tutorial, he was testing
the yarn 2.3.0. So if you are using Samza 0.7.0, yarn 2.2.0 and yarn 2.4.0
both will work. If you are using Samza from master branch, recommend you to
use yarn 2.4.0. Thank you for pointing this out, we will update the docs
coordinately.

 maybe updating to Kafka 2.9.2 could be done?
 -- Kafka is still in 0.8.1.1 stable release. The 2.9.2 is the scala
version, I do not see the problem here actually. Whichever scala version
should be fine.

Cheers,

Fang, Yan
yanfang724@gmail.com