samza-dev mailing list archives

From Yan Fang <yanfang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: YARN UI does not work
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 20:59:23 GMT
{quote}
Once I did that, I still couldn't contact 192.168.0.20 from my host
machine. I suspect there's some configuration that needs to be set (or
removed) to make this work.
{quote}

Yes, in the VB, you need to go to Virtual Box -> Select the VM -> Settings
-> Network -> Port Forwarding.

Fang, Yan
yanfang724@gmail.com
+1 (206) 849-4108

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Chris Riccomini <
criccomini@linkedin.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I looked into this a bit. Two things:
>
> 1. The bash -x -e command in vagrant/bootstrap.sh didn't work. I had to
> remove the -e switch.
> 2. conf/yarn-site.xml forces YARN to bind to 127.0.0.1. This means that
> 192.168.0.20:8088/cluster/apps doesn't work. Eliminating the
> yarn.resourcemanager.hostname property fixed this.
>
> Once I did that, I still couldn't contact 192.168.0.20 from my host
> machine. I suspect there's some configuration that needs to be set (or
> removed) to make this work. Given that we don't have any owner for this
> code right now, I'm going to remove it.
>
> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> On 10/30/14 9:15 AM, "Yan Fang" <yanfang724@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >-- Hi Zeel,
> >
> >I think currently the Vagrant tutorial has some issues as we described in
> >https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SAMZA-189 . The workaround are:
> >
> >option 1: in your local machine, do as this tutorial
> >http://samza.incubator.apache.org/startup/hello-samza/0.7.0/
> >
> >option 2: if you do not want to use your local machine, since you already
> >have the VB, you could use the CDH quickstart VM as a replacement.
> >
> http://www.cloudera.com/content/cloudera/en/downloads/quickstart_vms/cdh-5
> >-2-x.html
> >. Thought it's a little big, it contains a lot of stuff that a cluster
> >will
> >contain ( 1 node cluster. ) . Then do as the tutorial.
> >http://samza.incubator.apache.org/startup/hello-samza/0.7.0/ . One
> >difference is that, instead of running  "bin/grid bootstrap", you only
> >need
> >to run "bin/grid install kafka" and "bin/grid start kafka", because this
> >VM
> >already contains Yarn and Zookeeper.
> >
> >option 3: if you want to test the Samza in a cluster, Chris has a good
> >tutorial about how to set up the cluster by yourself.
> >
> http://samza.incubator.apache.org/learn/tutorials/0.7.0/run-in-multi-node-
> >yarn.html
> >
> >-- Hi Shekar,
> >
> >If you are using Vagrant, I think it does have some issues. Maybe you
> >could
> >do as option 1 and option 2. :)
> >

> >Hope the late reply can help you. Thanks.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Fang, Yan
> >yanfang724@gmail.com
> >+1 (206) 849-4108
> >
> >On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Yan Fang <yanfang724@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> So seems currently the workaround is to install the YARN by running
> >>*bin/grid
> >> install yarn* .
> >>
> >> Fang, Yan
> >> yanfang724@gmail.com