samza-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Mindenhall <mark.mindenh...@machineshop.io>
Subject Re: Problems running new jobs in hello-samza
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2014 15:44:14 GMT
Hi Zach,

I’m also a relative newbie, but I did run into this same issue.  You are correct, in that
your 5th job isn’t starting due to not enough resources available in the cluster, so you
need to reduce the resources required.

First, in yarn-site.xml I switched over to the FairScheduler<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/FairScheduler.html>:

  <property>
    <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.fair.FairScheduler</value>
  </property>

I also added these two properties (yarn-site.xml) to control the amount of memory allocated
to each job:

  <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb</name>
    <value>256</value>
    <description>Minimum limit of memory to allocate to each container request at the
Resource Manager.</description>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.maximum-allocation-mb</name>
    <value>512</value>
    <description>Maximum limit of memory to allocate to each container request at the
Resource Manager.</description>
  </property>

Then, in each of my Samza properties files describing my jobs, I added the following two settings:

    yarn.container.memory.mb=512
    yarn.am.container.memory.mb=256

Hope that helps!

Best,