samza-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Kreps <jay.kr...@gmail.com>
Subject commit style
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 23:36:26 GMT
We have been using sort of different git styles. I think Chris has been
checking in rapidly. I do lots of quick commits but then rebase it into one
giant patch for review.

Do we have a preference? I am fine either way. For code review the quick
commit style is actually nicer because the git format-patch command will
then actually show the original patch plus the changes made in response to
feedback each as different commits. The problem with this is that your
history gets pretty hard to understand. The big patch way gives a very
clean version of history but makes code review a bit harder.

I am cool with either or both.

Not sure how git format-patch interacts with review board...

-Jay