rya-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Puja Valiyil <puja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On Storing Rya Metadata in the rya_spo table.
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 21:17:36 GMT
Even with rya details enabled, the version triple will be added (for backwards compatibility).
 I'm confused over why this is an issue-- it's a single triple in a triple store that's intended
to scale to millions if not billions.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 17, 2017, at 1:19 PM, Chilton, Kevin <Kevin.Chilton@parsons.com> wrote:
> 
> It was checked into 3.2.10. I don't recall if the Rya Details stuff is enabled by default
or if it works without using the rya shell to manage your instance. I thought we had a jira
ticket relating to version statement, but I'm unable to find it.
> 
> - Kevin
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: benkapp@gmail.com [mailto:benkapp@gmail.com] On Behalf Of John Smith
> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:03 PM
> To: dev@rya.incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: On Storing Rya Metadata in the rya_spo table.
> 
> This occurs when using the latest from git 3.2.11-SNAPSHOT.  What commit fixed this?
> 
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Chilton, Kevin <Kevin.Chilton@parsons.com>
> wrote:
> 
>> Newer versions of Rya use the Rya Details table to keep track of this 
>> sort of metadata.
>> 
>> - Kevin
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: benkapp@gmail.com [mailto:benkapp@gmail.com] On Behalf Of John 
>> Smith
>> Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 12:20 PM
>> To: dev@rya.incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: On Storing Rya Metadata in the rya_spo table.
>> 
>> When I perform a scan of the rya_spo table after adding a SINGLE 
>> triple, I see that Rya adds TWO triples, the one I wanted to add and 
>> one denoting the version of Rya. e.g.
>> 
>> rya_spo> scan
>> 
>> INSERT DATA { <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-> 
>> 3A__acme.com_people_Mike&d=CwIBaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_
>> LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10&r=F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIcnBCmOspnR-
>> 2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=qONz3ysNOVB-pj5N34NddggiKS8dEp1lW3dleNbPNK
>> g&s=Qj2CE5OU2Kd7J_TI_vbvn8rBQ9H9kNRCV5rIb6LIQ_g&e= > 
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__urldefense&d=CwI
>> BaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10&r=F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIc
>> nBCmOspnR-2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=SHqD37o_I0gFPdBJZdwfZQlV5D4jx-yOkpvUN8VrXv
>> A&s=ybwFRz7voHFDUzHzxHMgAXeocmXjJh_nl_gS50iRjc8&e= .> 
>> proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__acme.com_actions_likes&d=
>> CwIBaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10&r=
>> F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIcnBCmOspnR-2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=qONz3ysNOVB-
>> pj5N34NddggiKS8dEp1lW3dleNbPNKg&s=7nLrYW2h4_TJLRGsknwSLElEiU0rOWCq0aEB
>> oTm9 Oxo&e= > <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-> 
>> 3A__acme.com_people_John&d=CwIBaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_
>> LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10&r=F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIcnBCmOspnR-
>> 2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=qONz3ysNOVB-pj5N34NddggiKS8dEp1lW3dleNbPNK
>> g&s=JQhITAdCx3R_9eu35E5N-aIdUBEtseYBtZ5NNdZqkuA&e= > . }
>> 
>> rya_spo> scan
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__acme.
>> com_people_Mike&d=CwIBaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10
>> &r=
>> F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIcnBCmOspnR-2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=qONz3ysNOVB-
>> pj5N34NddggiKS8dEp1lW3dleNbPNKg&s=Qj2CE5OU2Kd7J_TI_
>> vbvn8rBQ9H9kNRCV5rIb6LIQ_g&e= \x00https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__urldefense&d=CwIBaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10&r=F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIcnBCmOspnR-2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=SHqD37o_I0gFPdBJZdwfZQlV5D4jx-yOkpvUN8VrXvA&s=ybwFRz7voHFDUzHzxHMgAXeocmXjJh_nl_gS50iRjc8&e=
.
>> proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__acme.com_actions_likes&d=
>> CwIBaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10&r=
>> F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIcnBCmOspnR-2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=qONz3ysNOVB-
>> pj5N34NddggiKS8dEp1lW3dleNbPNKg&s=7nLrYW2h4_TJLRGsknwSLElEiU0rOWCq0aEB
>> oTm9 Oxo&e= \x00https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-
>> 3A__acme.com_people_John&d=CwIBaQ&c=Nwf-pp4xtYRe0sCRVM8_
>> LWH54joYF7EKmrYIdfxIq10&r=F2yL1qtCQ_8QkxBRIcnBCmOspnR-
>> 2OEdiXfx4UDEJmU&m=qONz3ysNOVB-pj5N34NddggiKS8dEp1lW3dleNbPNK
>> g&s=JQhITAdCx3R_9eu35E5N-aIdUBEtseYBtZ5NNdZqkuA&e= \x01\x02
>> : []
>> urn:org.apache.rya/2012/05#rts\x00urn:org.apache.rya/
>> 2012/05#version\x003.0.0\x01\x03
>> : []
>> 
>> 
>> I suppose keeping track of metadata about the version of Rya that was 
>> used to persist data into Accumulo is useful, but shouldn't this 
>> metadata be stored in a different table?  (like a metadata table, or 
>> something?).  I imagine users will be surprised if triples they didn't 
>> add appear in their store, and surprising users is a code smell.  What are your thoughts?
>> 

Mime
View raw message