royale-users mailing list archives

From Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzyck...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Library SWC (library path)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2018 13:48:17 GMT
I don't think so - at least if you would like to transpile your code to JS.
That's good that you are getting this kind of errors. It means that
probably compiler is trying to transpile and cannot pass some code. I
believe you have two paths:

1) Rewrite your UI part of app to Royale and transpile AS3 code
2) You can use Emulation components [1] to make proper build of your app
with transpilation to JS. - From that point you could slowly make UI looks
better.

I bet that no one tried to Emulate FileStream yet! :) If something doesn't
exists here [2][3] you probably can add it to make your app satisfied.

You can generate API report (here instruction [1]) to see what actually you
are using in your app, look on the list in [2][3] and fill gaps by making
pull requests.

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/emulation-components
[2]
https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/develop/frameworks/projects/MXRoyale/src/main/royale/MXRoyaleClasses.as
[3]
https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/blob/develop/frameworks/projects/SparkRoyale/src/main/royale/SparkRoyaleClasses.as

Thanks,
Piotr

śr., 26 wrz 2018 o 15:39 Fréderic Cox <coxfrederic@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> If I do it with source-path I'm getting around 3K errors like "The
> definition of base class BitmapAsset was not found or Call to a possibly
> undefined method FileStream etc... so I think that answers your last
> question :-)
>
> I was expecting to be able to use the existing Flex SWC's, is this not
> possible?
>
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 3:33 PM Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This is probably why it's not working. I'm not an expert in that, but
>> first what I would tried is create Royale library. However instead linking
>> library, can you link source code ?
>>
>> "source-path": [
>> "src",
>> "mylibrary/src"
>> ],
>>
>> Is this pure AS3 code without dependency to Flash ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Piotr
>>
>> śr., 26 wrz 2018 o 15:21 Fréderic Cox <coxfrederic@gmail.com> napisał(a):
>>
>>> I tried external-library-path but if I do not use js-library-path I get
>>> compile errors "Access of possibly undefined property .."
>>>
>>> EnalityFlexLibrary is an existing Flex library.

I have a bunch of
I used when