royale-users mailing list archives

From Mandeep Sarma <muveryd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: installing royale 0.9.2 sdk
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:54:33 GMT
for the benefit of others as I'm not going to look at this for a while:

*So you have Flex SDK downloaded somewhere ? *Yes, I tried the binary, the
source and even the nightly builds

*Setup environment variable to FLEX_HOME and AIR_HOME to flex folder: *AIR_HOME
= yes. AIR AIR_HOME = D:\AdobeAIRSDK. 've use AIR for a long time, that's
where it's always been.

FLEX_HOME = "I took a guess" I searched but I could never find what the
value is, or which values it should have. I took a stab at it and set a
windows environment variable to the Flex SDK directory:royale-asjs

*And try again point to the SDK in your IDE*: Flash builder does not see
directory royale-asjs as an SDK.
RE for SWF output playerglobal.swc I have both 11.1 and 11.7. Adobe AIR SDK
I downloaded the one without the new compiler.

ant script InstallAdobeSDKs.xml: for me it never found AdobeAIRSDK.zip in
the Downloads directory, even though it was there.

as for moonshine 1.11 (by this time I might have messed things up trying to
get ant to execute the build script) it's looking for a jar file in the
wrong location.

scripts look for it in a directory "x\0.0\" I put 11.7 there

: Compiling test004
: Using Royale Compiler codebase:
D:\apache-royale-0.9.2\royale-compiler\compiler-jx
: Using Royale SDK: D:\apache-royale-0.9.2\royale-asjs
: Error: Unable to access jarfile
D:\apache-royale-0.9.2\royale-compiler\compiler-jx\js\lib\mxmlc.jar

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 1:08 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mandeep,
>
> So you have Flex SDK downloaded somewhere ?
>
> Setup environment variable to FLEX_HOME and AIR_HOME to flex folder.
>
> And try again point to the SDK in your IDE.
> Additionally I really recommend you to use IDE which fully supports Royale
> - Moonshine or VSCode. You won't loose so much time.
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 5:20 AM Mandeep Sarma <muverydeep@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the instructions to install js/swf sdk on Windows 10 in the wiki don't
>> work nor the instructions in the readme file.
>> maven gives errors
>> ant gives errors -> the file AdobeAIRSDK.zip is in the Downloads
>> directory (
>>
>> FYI I tried both the binary and tried to build from source
>>
>> I spent my weekend + today on this, I'm tapping out.

>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 1:43 PM, Mandeep Sarma <muverydeep@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> thx for the replies, I have tried the instructions for the
>>> royale-asjs/wiki (Windows 10)  but I get an error "FLEX_HOME bust be set to
>>> use the flex Ant Tasks"
>>> Flex_Home is this a Windows' system environment variable or is it in one
>>> of the build files?

Virus-free.