royale-users mailing list archives

From Fr├ęderic Cox <coxfrede...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started is not so easy..
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2018 20:54:20 GMT
Gave it another try tonight but giving up as this is taking too much time.
Please help me in getting Apache Royale to work with VSCode.

I'm getting a lot of errors and don"t know how to fix them.

I needed to download playerglobal myself and place it in
frameworks/libs/player/11.1

I installed JDK1.9 in /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk
Workspace settings are:
{
"nextgenas.sdk.searchPaths": [
"/Users/frederic/ApacheRoyale/apache-royale-0.9.1-bin-js-swf"
],
"nextgenas.java":
"/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.0.4.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java",
"nextgenas.sdk.framework":
"/Users/frederic/ApacheRoyale/apache-royale-0.9.1-bin-js-swf/royale-asjs"
}

But I'm still getting the error that I need Java 1.8 or newer...

And my simple HelloWorld.mxml gives the following error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<js:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" xmlns:js=
"library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/express">
    <js:initialView>
        <js:View>
            <js:Label text="Hello World" x="100" y="100"/>
        </js:View>
    </js:initialView>
</js:Application>

This tag could not be resolved to an ActionScript class. It will be
ignored. => on the js:Application line

ASConfig.json is:

{
"config": "royale",