royale-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started is not so easy..
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2018 10:44:38 GMT
Great!

> Is there any other way in VSCode then going to Tasks->Run build task->... to view
the output? Looking for something like the "Play" icon in Flash Builder. Now I need to build
manually and then refresh the page in Chrome. Is this the preferred way?

Set a keyboard shortcut for building because you’re going to be doing that a lot! ;-)

Om just created a npm cli tool which can automatically rebuild and refresh the browser.

I have not yet even had a chance to try it.

Take a look at the discussion on the dev list.

Harbs

look into the Royale blog post Hello World -> http://royale.apache.org/creating-a-hello-world-in-apache-royale/
<http://royale.apache.org/creating-a-hello-world-in-apache-royale/>

> I don't know whether Josh's plugin was tested with Java 9, so better use 8.

> Hi Frederic,
>
> First of all if you use JS only Royale you won't have to download anything. The second
thing is that there is no anymore targets JSFlex. [1] - My config looks like that.

> [1] https://paste.apache.org/CT5h <https://paste.apache.org/CT5h>

> Gave it another try tonight but giving up as this is taking too much time. Please help
me in getting Apache Royale to work with VSCode.

xmlns:js="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/express <http://ns.apache.org/flexjs/express>">