royale-users mailing list archives

From Mandeep Sarma <muveryd...@gmail.com>
Subject Royale name
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 20:54:27 GMT
is there are meaning or significance in the Apache Royale name. from a
marketing perspective it seems like a strange name. Royale is a French word
often used in English to give an highfalutin allure often ironically, and a
popular joke in the Pulp Fiction movie. Apache Royal does not seem to
invoke any link to any topic involving technology.

Can you imagine if Apple had name it's smart phone Apple Royale ? Nokia
might still have been the #1 mobile phone maker today.

I'm *NOT criticizing* I'm just curious as to the significance of the name.

Mandeep
<https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/highfalutin>

Virus-free.
www.avg.com