royale-users mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Guidelines for implementation of layout containers and navigation containers
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2017 02:13:52 GMT
Let’s continue this discussion on the Royale dev list if possible.

I just implemented the first iteration of Validation. The implementation was taken almost
verbatim from the old Flex implementation. You can follow the process of porting the code
in the branch here. It should be educational.

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/feature/validation <https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/feature/validation>

Additionally I wrote some notes on the process (which is not yet finished) in this Google
Doc here. It notes differences in classic Flex architecture and the new FlexJS/Royale architecture
and why a direct port is not desirable.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HBh3jrYKtyGYM14wNGkMhqP0zF_O8c0iuaEeZmb3veE/edit?usp=sharing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HBh3jrYKtyGYM14wNGkMhqP0zF_O8c0iuaEeZmb3veE/edit?usp=sharing>

I hope it’s helpful in understanding how things are done. If you want to get you hands dirty,
we’re happy to help. :-)

Implementing ResourceManager will probably have related considerations. Do you need to switch
locales at runtime or do you just need to be able to specify a locale? A lot of the Flex implementation
of ResourceManager was designed to deal with the former. I think the vast majority of uses
probably only need the latter. These are all things which need to be considered.

Thanks,
Harbs

> On Sep 28, 2017, at 10:43 PM, Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ngranon@idylog.com> wrote:
>
> Validators (and custom validators), DropdownList... I will not enumerate all of them
but you understand our needs... Localization is also very important to us (ResourceManager)
and also quick and flexible layout management (but we never use "custom" layouts).