royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ListCollectionView in Royale replacement
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2018 14:12:05 GMT
Hi Alex

El mié., 24 oct. 2018 a las 1:49, Alex Harui (<aharui@adobe.com.invalid>)
escribió:

> MXRoyale has emulations for ListCollectionView and ArrayCollection (and
> the old Flex ArrayList and XMLListCollection).  I think they are working to
> some degree.  Over time, we will fix bugs in sorting and filtering since
> other migrating Flex users will need to have it work.

if ArrayCollection and ListCollectionView are working now, I can try to use
them, but since I'm using Jewel and like other royale code (Basic, MDL,..)
are prepared for ArrayList instead of ArrayCollection I'd must see if is
simply a matter of change the mapper bead to one that do the same but with
ArrayCollection or is not as easy as that.

> Once we have it working, it will be a separate task to see what we ended
> up with and break it up into PAYG beads for use elsewhere.
>
> Since you are already using MXRoyale's RemoteObject, you should be able to
> use MXRoyale's ArrayCollection without dragging in the need for MXRoyale's
> UI widgets.  We should try to break any UI Widget dependencies if there are
> any.  And any fixes you make to ArrayCollection will help the other
> migrating users.

Right that's something to consider too... I think and eventually try this
and report what I see

Thanks

--
Carlos Rovira