royale-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Start release process 0.9.3
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2018 01:24:36 GMT

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 11, 2018, at 5:09 PM, Carlos Rovira <carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
> if you check in actual develop for "0.9.5-SNAPSHOT" and "0.9.4-SNAPSHOT"
> you'll see maven build compiler and typedefs 0.9.5-SNAPSHOT, but when build
> framework, it downloads compiler and typedefs 0.9.4-SNAPSHOT since the
> versions in framework are not updated. This is the reason you don't see any
> fail when building with maven. If you update all to use the same number it
> will fail. I recommend you as well to remove royale folder in your local
> .m2 to see how maven generates compiler and typedefs and then download
> other version.

That’s a clue to the problem with the Maven build.

> Maybe the rest of people didn't see this because they use ANT and that
> build system is not affected by the release process. But I think we can't
> left the failed release process without revert it for days, since we are
> all seeing different things.

If Maven gets the other Royale dependencies from a repository then that is THE BUG. It should
always be using your own built targets.

> For example, I was able to run your MX RO example with ANT, but I can make
> it work with Maven, what means to me that I still can't use it since my
> entire project is in maven.
>
> I'm trying to fix this for several hours now and still couldn't test mx RO
> nor working on my project...
>
> I'm closing for today with all messed up. Tomorrow will try again, or will
> need to block me in a branch to be able to continue working.

I think I’m getting it.

(1) are you using repository.apache.org in your projects Maven archetype?

(2) are you using latest? Or a specific version?

If you need your process work off the last stable then you may need to manually manage your
.m2 yourself.

You are reminding me of a Maven build bug we had at work. Builds failed on fresh .m2 because
there was a dependency that had a suffix that matched a pattern added to an antivirus pattern
that disallowed directories with that suffix.

Regards,
Dave