royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Proxy method calls with RemoteObject
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2018 16:46:34 GMT
IMO, the project is at a greater risk if, when a bug is reported, there aren't several people
volunteering to fix it because they don't have experience fixing certain kinds of issues.
Why would you choose any framework if you couldn't get timely support?  This is a great opportunity
for someone else like yourself to get experience in js-release issues and help the project.

My 2 cents,
-Alex

´╗┐On 10/19/18, 2:39 AM, "Carlos Rovira" <carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi Alex

    El jue., 18 oct. 2018 a las 18:51, Alex Harui (<aharui@adobe.com.invalid>)
    escribi├│:

    > I did not realize source maps are gone. Please put them back in.  There
    > were useful at times.  I don't understand why they were removed.  Can you
    > summarize the discussion?

    Ok, my perception was that source maps on release was a bug. Since Josh
    developed that part I asked him, as he points in his responses the rest is
    like he said.
    I'll put it back again, since is clear that those are useful.

    | Because you are essentially building out a new UI for a client, your work
    is not overlapping with my goals as much.

    I understand that you want to use your time as you want, but my opinion
    about this concrete case is that you are investing your time in emulate MX
    and SPARK, currently, I'm testing MX RO and reporting there's a bug that
    makes MX applications doesn't work in release mode. My goals are only in MX
    RO (that fails silently), but MX Application in release mode doesn't work
    at all. As you say, the later is not in my goals and we don't overlap, but
    MX RO seems to be in the intersection. I don't say you must work on that,
    only say that I think in that concrete points we share same goals. At the
    end, that problem will need to be addressed if you want MX/Spark emulation
    be ready in release mode. In the other hand, I'll be glad to pay anyone to
    knows how to fix this issue (even you if that is an option), since I think
    it impact my Application, and after that, it impact us as Apache Royale,
    since getting this App done, and sharing it, will impact in the people
    reading from us and considering using Apache Royale.

    Thanks

    --
    Carlos Rovira
    https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fabout.me%2Fcarlosrovira&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C72463bfdf41a428549a308d635a6b641%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636755387472535248&amp;sdata=kK9eLSviylWZhCZLM%2FdEuYkjHmmS%2BOtTKJpfjsoe8tI%3D&amp;reserved=0