royale-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Difficulties with using in project JS version of Royale swc
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 17:21:42 GMT
Hey Piotr,

There's something a little strange in your compiler options that you should probably fix:

You're specifying JSRoyale and js-config.xml together, but these two aren't necessarily compatible.
Here's what you have in your compiler options:

-compiler.targets=SWF,JSRoyale
-load-config=d:\royale_nightly_js_swf\frameworks\js-config.xml

However, it should either be this:

-compiler.targets=SWF,JSRoyale
-load-config=d:\royale_nightly_js_swf\frameworks\royale-config.xml

or maybe this (depending on if you want Royale components or pure JS):

-compiler.targets=SWF,JS
-load-config=d:\royale_nightly_js_swf\frameworks\js-config.xml

Basically, you use JSRoyale with royale-config.xml, or you use JS with js-config.xml. The
JSRoyale and JS targets produce very similar output, but it's best not to assume that they're
exactly the same in all cases.

(As a side note, it's worth mentioning that there's also the JSNode target that's meant to
work with node-config.xml. JSNode also produces different output than JSRoyale or JS because
it generates code for Node.js)

One last thing. In order to use -compiler.targets=SWF,JS to build a SWC, you'll need my compiler
changes from yesterday. For some reason, that was throwing an exception, while -compiler.targets=SWF,JSRoyale
did not. I suspect that this may be why you were using JSRoyale instead of JS, but now JS
should work too!

- Josh