royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About differences between versions with/without Basic
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 10:15:19 GMT
You already have a Jewel DataContainer. I’m not sure it’s actually used anywhere, and maybe
that’s the right way to go. I’m still finding my way around. I’m working on catching
up to you and exploring as I go. ;-)

I’m looking at this as a learning exercise. I’m trying to figure out what we *can* and
*can’t* do. Once I’m clearer on what the options are, we can discuss what’s the *right*
way to handle it.

Makes sense?

Harbs

> On Sep 5, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Carlos Rovira <carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Ok Harbs,
> but it'd be ok to create a Jewel DataContainer...in fact It would be the
> right thing to do, but I can create some time later if you want
> thanks
>
> El mié., 5 sept. 2018 a las 12:02, Harbs (<harbs.lists@gmail.com>) escribió:
>
>> (To be clear, we can solve this problem by not using
>> org.apache.royale.html.DataContainer as a base class, but I’d like to
>> address the core problem if possible.)
>>

>>> On Sep 5, 2018, at 12:55 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just committed a change where I declare different css in Jewel
>> DataGroup. This makes the declaration in (html) DataContainer never used
>> anywhere. Why is it still bringing in classes?
>>>
>>> Here’s what we get in JewelExample:
>>>
>>> "org.apache.royale.html.DataContainer",
>>> function() {this["iBeadView"] =
>> org.apache.royale.html.beads.DataContainerView;
>>> this["iItemRenderer"] =
>> org.apache.royale.html.supportClasses.StringItemRenderer;
>>> this["iViewport"] = org.apache.royale.html.supportClasses.Viewport;
>>> this["iBeadLayout"] =
>> org.apache.royale.html.beads.layouts.VerticalLayout;
>>> this["iBeadModel"] =
>> org.apache.royale.html.beads.models.DataProviderModel;
>>> this["iItemRendererClassFactory"] =
>> org.apache.royale.core.ItemRendererClassFactory;
>>> this["iViewportModel"] =
>> org.apache.royale.html.beads.models.ViewportModel;
>>> this["iDataProviderItemRendererMapper"] =
>> org.apache.royale.html.beads.DataItemRendererFactoryForArrayData},
>>>

>>> "org.apache.royale.jewel.supportClasses.list.DataGroup",
>>> function() {this["iItemRenderer"] =
>> org.apache.royale.jewel.itemRenderers.StringItemRenderer;
>>> this["iViewport"] = org.apache.royale.jewel.supportClasses.Viewport;
>>> this["iBeadLayout"] =
>> org.apache.royale.jewel.beads.layouts.VerticalLayout},
>>>
>>> Alex, do you have any thoughts here?
>>>
>>> Harbs

>> the compiler to remove empty selectors on minification. I don’t think it
>> matters enough to remove them when the css is output for debug. Agree?

>> DataGroup now subclasses DataContainerView to resolve the issues with those
>> changes. We can probably fix this by declaring different interfaces in the
>> Jewel CSS for the Jewel DataGroup.

I can