royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WORK ON EMULATION
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:01:33 GMT
What is the output when you build?

> On Sep 17, 2018, at 1:17 PM, Alina Kazi <alina.kazi@d-bz.com> wrote:
>
> How can we compile multiple files in Visual Studio Code ?
> My asconfig.json file is as :
> {
>    "config": "royale",
>    "compilerOptions": {
>        "debug": false,
>        "targets": ["JSRoyale","SWF"],
>        "source-map": true,
>        "warnings": false,
>        "omit-trace-statements": true,
>        "html-output-filename": "index.html"
>    },
>
>    "additionalOptions": "-remove-circulars -js-output-optimization=skipAsCoercions",
>    "files":
>    [
>
>    // AS Files
>    "shmApplication.as",
>

>    "com/shm/utils/shmDataStructure.as",
>    "com/shm/utils/shmHWMDataStructure.as",
>   //MXML
>    "com/shm/reports/view/AP/shmStatusCriteria.mxml",
>     "applications.mxml"
>

>    ]
> }
>
> It compiles last file only i.e. applications.mxml
>
> Regards,
> Alina Kazi

emulating it, it is better to try to understand why you needed to use it in the first place
and modify that code.  What does that function do with the describeType XML?  There might
be a better way to write that code.

>    Thanks,
>    -Alex
>
>    On 8/29/18, 4:06 AM, "Pushmina Kazi" <pushmina.kazi@d-bz.com> wrote:
>

>        Hi,
>        i am using describetype(customVO) and passing it as a parameter in a function
>        added import of describeType but still error occurs
>        ERROR: "Implicit coercion of a value of type TypeDefinition to an unrelated type
XML".

>        Thanks in Advance
>        Pashmina kazi

any examples of use.  Looks like Yishay wrote it so maybe he can help.

>        There is also a class called Network/src/main/royale/org/apache/royale/net/URLBinaryUploader.as
you might be able to use.

>        If you only have a few references to FileReference in your code, it is probably
simpler to change your code to use these classes, otherwise you can try to write some emulation
class that tries to present the FileReference API.

>        HTH,
>        -Alex
>
>        On 8/13/18, 2:19 AM, "Alina Kazi" <alina.kazi@d-bz.com> wrote:
>
>            Thanks Alex.
>            We are using Flash.net.FileReference in our Application
>            Methods and properties of FileReference are used:
>            loadFileRef.load();
>            loadFileRef.browse();
>            loadFileRef.name;
>            loadFileRef.data;
>
>            Do we have any alternate for this class in Apache Royale?
>
>            -Alina

and mx.controls.Image (or their Spark equivalents) and not flash.display.Loader directly.
 It would be better to change your application to not use flash.display.Loader unless there
are lots of instances of using it.