royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating Enterprise Flex Application
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 09:42:37 GMT
Some comments:

> AlivePDF.swc

You’re probably going to need some HTML-compatible library for this. Take a look at PDFKit
https://github.com/devongovett/pdfkit <https://github.com/devongovett/pdfkit>
> Cairngorm.swc
> CairngormEnterprise.swc

I’ve never used Cairngorm. I do use PureMVC and simply copying the source files into my
project worked perfectly.

> diagrammer.swc

This seems like data visualization. You’re going to want to analyze whether it makes sense
to migrate that code, or use some JS library.

> drumbeatinsight.swc

I don’t know what this is, but it looks like Jude’s project.

> granite.swc

Would BlazeDS be a good replacement for this?

> kap-layouts-1.6.2.swc

Don’t know what this is.

> MaskedTextInput.swc

Is this different than the Spark one? You can probably use a Royale TextInput with a Password
bead.

> multicolumnform.swc

I’m guessing you can just lay everything out without this.

> svg-1.6.2.swc
I don’t know what this is, but Royale has pretty good SVG support.

> flex-iframe-1.4.6.swc

Royale has a “WebBrowser” component which can load iframes.

> ObjectHandles-1.0.0013.swc
Don’t know what this is.