royale-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Tynjala <joshtynj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Debugger in VSCode
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2018 17:18:45 GMT
You might be running into this issue (Debugger will not stop at breakpoints on startup with
Apache Royale):

https://github.com/BowlerHatLLC/vscode-nextgenas/wiki/Common-issues#debugger-will-not-stop-at-breakpoints-on-startup-with-apache-royale

It seems like VSCode can't connect with the browser's debugger protocol fast enough to register
the breakpoint before the startup code has already finished running.

A good way to check if you're running into this issue is to add some kind of click listener
with a breakpoint. By the time you can interact with the app, the debugger should be fully
connected.

- Josh