royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [royale-asjs] branch develop updated: Fixes #258. But is that a proper fix?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 23:01:12 GMT
Right, except for maybe SkinParts?.  I'm guessing the compiler does not check against the base
class for existing properties.  I don't remember if it was legal to have the base class have
other properties that are slots to be filled in by the MXML or not.   Someone will have to
run some tests in Flex and find out.  There were these notions of "code-behind" back in Flex
where all AS was in the base class for the MXML.

-Alex

On 6/8/18, 8:54 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

    How does the compiler figure out illegal values?

    Any property of the main class should not be a valid id. Right?

    > On Jun 8, 2018, at 6:42 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com.INVALID> wrote:
    >
    > The compiler should probably report an error.  You shouldn't be able to do id="width"
or even id="id".

    > My 2 cents,
    > -Alex
    >
    > On 6/8/18, 1:27 AM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >    Would defining a “parent" property on Application with a default value of null
fix this?

    >> On Jun 8, 2018, at 10:56 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> BTW,
    >>
    >> This code causes an endless loop in MouseEvent.mouseOverHandler. The Group is
the “parent” of the application, so “parent” is never null…