royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to get a component nest Childs in some inner html tag
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2018 18:29:15 GMT
Hi Alex,

thanks for the explanation I think finaly understand the main difference
between Group and Container. Although, I see Group seems to have many
things already setup to be able to do have this feature. Don't know if
having two separate components make sense, or there's more differences?

Regarding the concrete case, for now I'm using this code:

override public function addElement(c:IChild, dispatchEvent:Boolean = true):
void
        {
COMPILE::SWF
{
}
COMPILE::JS
{
nav.appendChild(c.positioner);
(c as IUIBase).addedToParent();
}
        }

So I have a "nav" html nested tag, and there's where things are added.
Is still early code, so maybe I should refactor it, but is a very concrete
use for HTML (maybe SWF will not need this)

I must say that as I dig more and more in new html5 components and layouts
I see each time that things use to be created nesting some tags to have the
final desired use case. In SWF things can be more simpler or less nesting
(but as normal, more code too)

Thanks Alex

--
Carlos Rovira